just a question

k I've been having contractions all day and since about 6pm (it is 7:30pm here now) they have gotten stronger and closer together. My water hasnt broken or anything yet. IDK if this could be labor. I have never gone into labor naturally. They are hurting bad to the point I can't concentrate. I also havent felt the baby move in a few hours unless I poke at him. I am 39 weeks. any suggestions? I'm not saying this is labor...just curious what ya'll think

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 8:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you should call your doctor or someone in Labor and Delivery where you'll be giving birth. They'll tell you what to do. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think you should grab your bag and head on over to L&D . I think you'll be meeting someone very soon.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It sounds like its time to head taht way.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i'd grab a bag and head in worst case scenario if you arent in labor they send you home and you're a little embarassed worst case scenario if you are in labor and wait too long, you could have the baby on the sidewalk LOL call the doc or head on over
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree 100% with katiekruschke. If it's not labor, they'll send you home...better safe than sorry. Are you timing the contractions? My dr told me that once they get to be about 5-10 minutes apart to head over to the hospital. Good luck!! : )
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You're full term. So don't worry. Just wait until you know for sure. If you go to L&D, you could be in for a long haul at the hospital (which they don't like, so they'll try to speed you up with pitocin). I would suggest to stay home as long as you can, (although make sure your bag is packed and any childcare arranged if you have other children), and go to L&D when you are absolutely sure. Good luck.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Good Luck!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• good luck! and Congrats in the future! I think its time to go to the hospital!! Your water doesnt always break on its own. YOu definitely dont wanna be one of those mommas who waits til the last minute and has their baby on the side of the road in the car. lol
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I hope that by now you have called your doctor and/or had your baby. I just wanted to wish you luck and congratulations, either way!!
    Harris06

Answer by Harris06 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010