Do you meal plan?

If so for how long?

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, I shop daily and choose my menu based on what I was able to pick up at deep discount prices.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yup I plan weekly most of the time. Sometimes I do 2 weeks at a time. It makes cooking good dinners for my family way easier and it helps contain costs. I admin in a group that posts meal plans weekly. With the meal plans, I can then make my grocery list and stick to it. If I have a meal plan, I am much less likely to get take out or order delivery.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/37750/forums/37750/General_Discussion
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 8:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I buy what is on sale and work that into my meal plans. I plan about a week ahead.

Answer by Bmat at 8:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I do loose plans. Nothing is set in stone for each day but I make a list when I do my shopping and stick to it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I will plan 5 meals for the week. The other two days are take out/eating out, frozen food, or leftovers. I usually look up new recipes (like allrecipes.com) or pick out a few different kinds of meats (usually on sale) and build around that.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I plan 2 weeks at a time and try to just do one big shopping trip, except produce which I buy weekly.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Usually a week, including all meals and snacks.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I meal plan until the next pay check- so usually about 2 weeks. It works for us. We keep a little more money for fresh fruits and veggies as well as milk and bread.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I plan for 2 weeks and do one big shop on a Friday and then a smaller one the next Friday, I make my 2 week meal plan after I see the ads
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I plan at least a week at a time and shop for the entire menu at the beginning of the week. I used to try to do 2 or 3 weeks but that just got overwhelming and fresh foods would go bad by the time we got to that meal. So I do 1 week now. It's working I think. I've whittled our food budget down about 100/month doing it this way.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010