Does your family recycle?

Our town just started takign recycling at the waste department, but you have to take it in yourself. Does your area offer recycling services and if so, do you use them?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 8:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Curbside recycling and it's a good thing......my oldest son learned about recycling last year in school so everything that has the recycle logo on it he makes sure gets recycled. It makes my can very full!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes but luckily we have curb service for it. I think we all have a responsiblity to recycle as much as we can.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Curbside in CA-
    Yes, we all recyle. My son has been recycling for years- He never needs money-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• For years we carried our recycling to the recycling center. Now once a week our trash collection service picks up either paper recycling or bottle and can recycling.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They do offer them and I use them to the fullest. It is free but I would pay if it wasn't.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yes!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes. We have curbside recycling.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no recycling in my area, I live in an apt, but I take it to the recycle center. In our pennysaver ad that comes in the mail, our recycling center matches what the top coupon is in there. Its fun and the kids help out, so they get to divide the money between them
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No and yes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, but they pick it up every other week with the garbage. Before that we recycled a little, but not much because we had to take it to the waste transfer station an hour away. We have always recycled soda bottles and cans though since it's Oregon and we get charged 5 cents each container and then if you bring them back you get the money back. Curbside pick up for recycling is still fairly new here and we're still getting used to being in the habit of recycling so sometimes things that should get recycled end up in the garbage at our house.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010