How can i get my nipples to stop burning while feeding my baby girl?

peytonandgabi

Asked by peytonandgabi at 11:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your baby? Nipple shields might work. You can get them at Target, Babies R Us, and probably Wal-Mart. I had the same problem for about 2 months or so after my daughter was born. I just worked through it. It is tough, but you can do it! I also sometimes used Lanolin cream, but I stopped because it was too much trouble to wash it off before every feeding every 2 hrs. It says you can leave it on for feedings, but my daughter didn't like it. Hope your nipples feel better soon ;0)
    AudrianasMommi

Answer by AudrianasMommi at 12:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• earthmamaangelbaby has nipple balm, its great, and lanolin free, so when your baby wants to eat, you dont have to take of the balm. also, it might be poor latch technique, when that happens, it causes cracked and painful nipples. if you need to, call a lactation consultant they are great support and for advice. They most of the time make house calls.. good luck
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Burning might be a sign of thrush. Can you pop by the Breastfeeding Moms group, and we can do some Q&A with you to help you out.

Also check out kellymom.com for info on thrush.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• make sure sure your LO is latched right... making sure they are wide mouthed can elieve a lot of discomfort

http://www.breastfeeding.com/helpme/helpme_images_latchon.html
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008