Does your husband leave when he's mad? How long is he gone?

We have been fighting over something major all week. Well, he did it (the something major that is) so I have been ignoring him. He doesn't get why I'm so angry. Today we tried to see a movie with the kids and ended up fighting. I ticked him off and he took off. He's been gone 5 hours so far. I'm about to pack up the kids and leave too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband usually leaves to cool off - the longest he's been gone is 6 hours and I was fuming.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• OH no... my husband would freak if I left and he would never do that iether - regardless of how frustrating it can be, we, well HE won't stop till its talked through and worked out - his anzxiety won't settle down if I am upset.. however we don't fight much so when we do, we MOST times talk through it without leaving it for the next day
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He's gone for a 10 minute drive just to cool off. He usually will go buy something, or get something pierced lol. He is a weirdo
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nope, he never has......
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No, mine does not do that. When we do get into it (which is not very often) and he gets mad at me he will ignore me and walk away--- usually he will go downstairs and stay down there for a while.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He has, but not often. Usually I am the one to leave depending on the situation.
    krystyia

Answer by krystyia at 8:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We both leave and it can be five minutes or five hours.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• For about 10 minutes to cool off and gain some perspective. He's never been gone more than an hour (or probably a 1/2 hour). Personally, I wouldn't leave my own house. But that's just me.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 9:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• For about fifteen minutes then he comes back and we talk. He usually says that he is upset and needs to get a few minutes to himself, so he usually goes and gets candy at the local store. Then he comes home.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Wow, Maxmom and tryin2BGOOD! That is the way it should be. My DH sometimes storms out (other times I just wish he would). I don't think he's ever been gone more than an hour during one of his tantrums, but he rarely thinks to apologize until I say something. He's stormed out over stupid things like me being in his way when he's trying to get to the microwave. I seriously think the guy is bipolar. Sometimes I think that when I finish school and can support the family, I will be able to insist on counseling. Talking it through might just make him mad enough to leave. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as I'm able to take care of the kids on my own.

OP, do you still have kids at home? Are you scared of him? If you are, maybe you should pack up and leave while you have the chance. If you feel like you're in danger you can go to a women's shelter. Stay safe, hun! GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010