My hubby works a lot!

Earlier today my hubby and I decided I would go buy a pretend kitchen for our DD today ... well I did and I set it up for her and let her play with it for 30 mins or so and then put her to bed. WELL, now he said he is disappointed because he wanted to be here when she saw it for the first time. I feel awful even though he told me not to :( ... I didn't even think about waiting for him! He works so hard ... has anything like this happened to you? I know it doesn't seem like a big deal lol oh well!!

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah, I understand.... I think for us moms... who are with the kids all day we just tend to get things done and do it since thats what we're use to.... maybe next time he can take her to get something special and have that special father/daughter time that he wants.... thats what its really about.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my so travels with his job and stuff like that happens all the time i hate it and i feel so bad when it does .do you and him get free texting i noticed it makes me and him feel better if i text him pictures of the kids doing diff things while he is gone
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, it happens to us a lot, my husband is in the Army, so he misses a lot of things. I always carry a camera or video camera with me if I know we are going to be doing something special that he'd want to see later b/c he missed it.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I usually ask first with new things.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My hubby misses everything too.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My hubby misses a lot too. He works out of town. WHen he is home, I try to be very accomodating- if he has no plans I take it that he wants to lounge around with the kids, and if he has plans, I keep the kids out of his hair so he can get it done.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ya. for a while he would leave for 2-3 weeks at a time. we couldnt help that he missed out on things. he just had to try to make up the time by playing with her and talking to her about things. when she gets older she will pick up on it more than she does now.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My hubs works alot too and is on 2nd shift. Its really hard waiting some times, but I just try to remember how I felt when Max walked for the first time while I was at the grocery store and hubs was home with him. Totally sucked. so now wait for stuff like that and if the kids are being super cute doing something I go grab my FLIP camcorder, record it, and email it to him at work. Makes him feel like he's still apart of our family instead of just a paycheck
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Hey, it happened to us at Christmas and it sucks sorry no advice.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• military familes have babies and their husbands are in afghanastan, we have a whole year of holidays with no daddy, and some of my friends children met their dads for the first time at 10 monthes old! This is hard, but yourds is lucky he gets to do as much as he does, Thank God for the good things!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010