Do you have an opinion on Ashley bedroom furniture?

Just doing some online shopping - have not seen this stuff in person so I am not sure of the quality. What is your experience? If you don't like Ashley, what else can you recommend? We need dressers and nightstands, and want solid wood not particle board. Thanks!!

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 9:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• it's definitely not solid wood.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yeah I dont think Ashleys makes solid wood furniture, but I do LOVE their styles. However if you want something that is solid wood youwould probably need to go to a furniture store that isn't name brand.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Its okay we have had some of it it was pretty good for what it was.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I work in a furniture store that sells Ashley Furniture. Most of the bedroom suites are a mixture of hardwoods with a laminate top. They do have some really nice furniture though.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 9:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ashley stuff is CRAP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It's overpriced. Not worth it IMO. The Ashley furniture store nearest us shut down because they just didn't get enough business.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't know about bedroom furniture. We have Ashley leather couches. After only 3 year the leather is peeling off and the arm rest lost their puff (guess you could say).
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I actually bought a bedroom set from there a few years ago; it was meant to be for a guest room but I ultimately ended up using it for my teenage boy's room. I agree that it is not be the best quality furniture but it has held up extremely well - still looks like new and we haven't had any issues with it whatsoever - and it was not expensive at all.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Your best bet is unfinished furniture stores...just Google search ones in your area. MOST of them carry the same items, and if you find a crafter and get the name and model number, andbring it to your local store, they will likely have the catalog and order it for you. Many stores will also custom finish your pieces for an additional fee, if you;re not comfortable doing it yourself...and it is ALL solid wood....from pine, poplar, maple, oak, and many others!

We have bought MANY unfinished pieces and finished them ourselves saving THOUSANDS of dollars....our formal dining room (table, chairs, china cabinet and side buffet), end tables, cocktail tables, accent pieces, bedroom furniture, storage chests, floor to ceiling book shelves, etc!! You'll pay more, but you can be sure you'll have the pieces forever!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010