What to make for lunch?

Ok I know this sound dumb... but being a stay at home mom I always make my kids food. But now my DD started Kindergarden and I chose to send lunch with her. But I am quickly running out of ideas...

other than sandwiches what else can you send with your child???

nolaero

Asked by nolaero at 9:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in

• Soups, salads, wraps , veggie pizza
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 10:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• how would you do the soup and the pizza.
    She is only five.
    nolaero

Comment by nolaero (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• id say a wrap
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My dd likes mini bagels with cream cheese, sometimes strawberry cream cheese. The mini ones are great and perfect sized. Also wraps, I just throw ham, mayo and some lettuce on it and wrap it up. I have one of those sandwich keepers from tupperwear and the wraps fit nicly in there(sideways) and so they dont' unwrap themselves.
    As for the soup idea, they have mini thermos' and food containers that you could put that in, or leftovers. As long as the teacher would be able to open it for her.
    Other things ive sent is a container of veggies, with another of dip. I always send yogurt too. Then some type of fruit, sometimes in a container(grapes, strawberries, mango etc) or just a banana/apple. Then something crunchy like popcorn, crispy minis', crackers, graham crackers, rice crackers, or a granola bar. I send a waterbottle of water too. Juice, very rarly.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Cheese and crackers. Carrots and Ranch dip. Peanut butter and crackers.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Hummus and veggies and small breadsticks to dip in it. Fresh fruit with a cream cheese dip. Quesadillas (easy to make with just cheese inside and good even if they are cold). Wraps with turkey and cheese (use a tortilla wrap), pasta salad with veggies and cubed meat and cheese.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• amy's frozen burritos warmed up in and wrapped in foil~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• pasta salad, wraps, cheese, meat & crackers, a regular salad, veggies and ranch
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• veggie wraps, lunchables, vegetables and dip, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit all of the above mentioned also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• chesse sanwich, penutbutter and jean , burrito , mac chesse, fruit vegs, pastas or turkeyor ham
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 2:46 PM on May. 20, 2011