My baby is always hungry, he is 3 months old any suggestions?

My baby is 3 months old and goes through about 15 cans of milk a month. I started him on rice ceral 2 weeks ago. i mix it with his bottles twice a day and he still wants a bottle ever hour to every hour and a half. i also tried the doctor brown bottles and that didnt help either. if you have any suggestions on what i can do i would really appricate it.

Asked by crissyt2006 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give him a bit more distilled water just a little

Answer by Patience1 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• maybe try cereal more often my son got hungry a lot so we gave him cereal in his bottle and it helped so maybe giving it more often will help

Answer by Liams_Mommy2291 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• maybe he's ready to try more mature foods like watery mashed potatoes or something along those lines. my son was liek that too and wehn i started him on potatoes and stuff it stopped.

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It's normal at about 3 months for babies to go threw a growth spurt which will cause them to want to eat more. I tried giving my son cereal when he was going threw his and it didn't do anything for him. He was still hungry and constipated. My doctor said that at that age not to give him cereal because his digestive system was not developed enough.

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2008