How can I get my 2yr. old to take an afternoon nap?? He has been refusingto nap and still stays up till 10:00 at nite he wakes up every morning between 8 and 9 a.m.

He used to go to daycare they said he would nap everyday from 12-2:30. If he naps for me at all he fights sleep till he's dead tired at 4:30 then will sleep till 7:00!! Lately he hasn't even been doing that he just stays awake till 10:00 or later! I try music, reading books, a bath please help nothing is working! He is sooo active all day long!!

LiFeOfAgOgEtTa

Asked by LiFeOfAgOgEtTa at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh my i am soo with u... today my son got up at 7 am and i just wore him down i am so exausted my self... i am 22 weeks pregnant and when he doesnt want to take a nap i cant!!

i try to wear him out by 1 and try to get him to take a nap b4 3... sometimes that dont work and he'll crash at 4-5 and sleep until 6-7 then turn around and go back to sleep at 9-10 then he will be up 2-3 times that night...

lately i been trying to keep him up all day and wearing him down more in the afternoons rather then the morning... and he will go to bed for me at 9 and get up around 8 and that works for me!!

he is getting a nap today but i will wake him up at 330 if he doesnt wake up b4 that and then wear him out again!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My dd is 2yrs old and she doesn't nap anymore. And she stays up until 10:00 or 10:30 depending on whats going on that night. Then she sleeps til around 9:00. I will probably change again in the next year or so. As long as his getting the rest that he needs thats all that matters.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 2:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my son does exactly the same thing i just go with his needs however if he gets real tired and awnry i shut all blinds turn off all lights lay him on the couch with a cup to watch cartoons and he falls asleep. normally..
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 1:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Not all kids need naps.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I thought I was the only one with a child like this! Lots of luck momma and if you figure it out let me know....Ive been trying to change it up with her FOREVER!!! It's exhausting!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008