My son says he sees people (spirits) and gets up eveynight and gets in bed with me. I don't my children to watch horror movies or t.v shows. How do I comfort him and h=get him to sleep in his own room?

He had a stroke 2 weeks before he was born and for the first 6 weeks of his life he was in the NICU. He doesn't like to do anything in the house alone and he sleeps with the lamp and tv on.

Rain912

Asked by Rain912 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• your son may have a gift from God.
    I believe that each human is a trinity not just God. We are made in his image We have a body like Christ that gets buried and will rise again during the rapture, our soul goes to heaven to be with God and our Spirit is left to guide others just as Jesus said he would leave his spirit behind to guide us. Some people can see things that others can not. Hold him tight and comfort your baby when he has a scary night.
    I can feel my parents and grandparents spirits when I am having trouble and when ever one shows up in my dreams without fail someone in the family is having a hard time and my loved ones are trying to tell me something.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• that is scary have you taken him to a neurologist or psychotherapist? i would seek professional help before it gets worse also id let him sleep with me or whatever it took to make him feel safe that is most important in my book. poor boy. seriously though the big picture is more important than where he sleeps
    Anonymous

• I would talk with him about it. I don't think anything is "wrong" with him. I find that as a gift. I can sense them, and have even seen a few myself.
    I do think though, that you need to not be scared about it, and talk to him about it. ask him to describe the people he sees. ask him if they say anything to him. There are things that you CAN do to keep spirits from bothering him have him say as you tuck him in, "I'm sleeping now. leave me alone." or "I'm sleeping now, go away." You may think i'm crazy, but the one I keep seeing in my home is my husband's cousin that died when he was three right outside my living room window. He'll come to me in the middle of the night, and i'll tell him to go away i'm sleeping, and it works.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 4:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If he's seeing people..Thats scary. I would make sure I didnt have anything in the house that would be inviteing things in.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I do beadwork and I made a little turtle fetish for my stepdaughter. before I sewed it together I had her whisper prayers into it and sewed it together. I told her it was her magic turtle and that it will keep her safe. she keeps it by her bed or under her pillow when she sleeps and I have no problem getting her into bed. I can make something for your son if you like.
    gina6

Answer by gina6 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2008