how would you feel

I have a friend who is having a baby. We talked back in May about me giving her my crib along with some other things. I have asked her many times when is a good time to bring the stuff to you and all I have ever gotten was "I don't know. we're busy" One of the other things I was giving her was a car seat. Those two things are things she would need. I'm at the point that if she wants them she'll ask me again but I don't want to go back on my word of me giving her the things. She lives three towns away so I can't just go over there. I don't know if I should ask her again or let it go. She is due soon.

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 10:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her one more time come and get them or you'll just put them in storage.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I just don't want to come off rude or pushy
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If she wants it, she will contact you.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Just tell her that they're hers if she wants them, but you need her to come get them by a certain date or else you're putting them in a garage sale!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 10:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would forget about it until she contacts you. Having a baby isn't an excuse to forget about common courtesy.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Tell her you don't plan on keeping them forever so if she wants you to bring them by then a day/time needs to be set, otherwise donate them or something.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It could be she just wants new stuff for the baby and isn't sure how to tell you that without sounding ungrateful.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• the stuff is at my dads house and he is asking me to do something with them. If she doesn't take the crib i'm turning it into a toddler bed for when DD goes over there
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• This isn't for you to take on this I'm being rude attitude, because you're not. If she wanted these I'd think that she's just either get them or have you drop them off. OR perhaps she's gotten so busy that she isn't interested. It'd be better if you just lent them someplace else or donate them to a church, donation box, or women's shelter.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ginger- she isn't that type of person that cares. at least not with the crib.
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010