Keep it or toss it?

My mil gave dh this goofy looking sweater last winter. It stayed in the trunk of our car until about a week ago and then moved to my kitchen counter. So today I ask him if he is ever going to wear it or should I toss it. I already know that he will never wear it. He says to put it up in the closet. He has thrown out things that I could never even dream of replacing. My great grandmothers jewelry box, a doll I had since I was very small that my grandma made, and another doll that my grandmother had made for me. His excuse was we didn't have room to hold on to everything. I really kinda want to toss it because I know that he will never even notice that it is gone and I can't figure out why he would want to keep it. What would you do?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it's not going to be worn, donate it so that someone who needs it can wear it.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 10:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• toss it- he'll never know!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't toss it, it will just give him a reason to toss more of your things. Instead, pull it out one night and tell him he should wear it, if he refuses then tell him it's going to a goodwill donation bin.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i would donate it. and if he asks why tell him you just couldnt find room for it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Shoot I don't think I have anything left for him to throw out. Not to mention at Christmas time he threw out all of my Christmas ornaments that were 10k gold that I had gotten every year growing up and my baby's 1st Christmas bear ornament. I got so mad then I think he kinda got the point not to touch anything else that belonged to me.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• donate.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• toss it
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 11:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010