What is your method of birth control?

I kinda feel like things are going crazy lately! I am just feeling frustrated with so much stuff and not too pleasant to be around I feel like (and it has been pointed out to me!), so I was thinking about when I'm due for my pap to see about getting on a different bc. Maybe my hormones are screwed up! I'm on yaz right now and was wondering if, other than condoms, there was a nonhormonal birth control out there? We are currently practicing abstinence as DH is deployed, but he is hopefully coming home for R&R shortly after the first of the year, so I'd like to be adjusted to it by then. I was on ortho tricyclen several years ago and that was a bad move. I had some sort of allergic reaction to seasonale (seasonique now?). I'm kinda skeptical of that nuvo ring. So, any feedback would be great to have some ideas for when I go talk to my dr! Thanks!

mommystiebler

Asked by mommystiebler at 10:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• My husband got a vasectomy :)
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Being gay.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 10:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We don't use any :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was on the epo (DONT GET IT) but with hubby being deployed we are practicing abstinenc
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• *depo
    mommy_of_two388

• yeah depo is a no go! I was supposed to get my tubes tied when I had my csection, but chickened out at the last minute... DH wants to get a vasectomy, but I don't think they do those while they are overseas! lol
    mommystiebler

Comment by mommystiebler (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My tubes are tied.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My husband got a vasectomy. I wanted to get my tubes tied with my last c-section, but too many c-sections caused adhesions and only one tube was visualized.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• well there was the patch, but it has twice the hormones of the pill so i dont recomend that. i havent heard anything good about the nuva ring. i had an iud for a couple years. it caused some painful cysts, but it doesnt do that for everyone.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We use a combo of natural family planning and the withdrawal method. It's only failed us once in 7 years.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010