Financial Aid

My school is being slow getting the grants back to us (the students) and it's annoying me today.

HOWEVER my husband is in the Army and the Army is going to pay for his college but he's also eligible for grants. He got approved for exactly how much I got approved for. Except the Army is going to foot the bill. So does he get to keep the rest of the grant money? Anyone has any experience with this? He doesn't just get to KEEP it - he has to buy books and stuff but still.

Blubuni99

Asked by Blubuni99 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hmmmm I don't know.. The army pays for my husbands schooling up to 3 years.... so he doesnt actually get a "loan"

but he does use his GI bill where he gets paid 1300 extra dollars a month for going to school full time and having a family to support

FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 10:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He is currently IN the Army though? They told my husband that he couldn't use his GI bill if he was STILL in the Army - that he can't "double up".
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no he is not "active" he is currently on disablity from an injury over seas and here to stay till he gets better. so they pay him for disability and his GI bill
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 10:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Aww. well, that's good that he gets to stay 'til he's better.
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010