How 2 deal with a 13 year old.

derek702

Asked by derek702 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends on the issue
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We have a 13, almost 14 yr old son... So in that respect I have experience with that age. The only problem I have is by what you mean when you say how to deal with a 13 yr old. Behavior, attitude, school, friends, what do you mean? Can you be more specific? I am more than willing to help if I can.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He has this attitude ,get mad at everithing. I have a 10 year old gril and he's allways fighting with her, like calling her names.
    derek702

Comment by derek702 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Honey, its called PUBERTY!!! You need to be patient. Sit him down and tell him that when he gets mad, he's got to learn to take a deep breath and deal with it in a manner appropriate to a teenager. To go outside and scream, beat a tree with a stick, just never ever strike a person.

Name calling gets you grounded in my house and grounding is removing all unnecessary items from the room, banning TV and games system time, no phone, no internet unless necessary for school and if that's the case internet time is supervised.

Attitude....he cops attitude, make him scrub the bathroom, mop the kitchen floor, etc. Some of it is the hormones raging and his inability to know exactly how to deal with it, the rest is you needing to put your foot down.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• And another thing, just because they turn 13 and are "teenagers" doesn't mean that their behavior warrants them being treated as such. Childish behavior warrants like punishment....timeouts, grounding, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• In my experience the ages between 11 and 13 are the worst! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Very Carefully,
    You are at this age building things in your child's mind that will last him or her the rest of there lives.
    If you are to mean that they will hate you and want you dead.
    If you are to nice than they will walk all over you.
    So work it in the middle.
    I have an almost 13 year old who acts just like his Daddy who is a mamma's boy.
    13 is just like when they are 36 years of age and it only gets worse from here. So hold on tight.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• have 2 kids all they seem to do is fight all the time oil and water just does not mix
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010