Any older moms here>>>> like ''older as in over 60?"

I have a journal on here about how mothers of the ..............''past'', had never heard of dishwashers, or microwaves, or any computers, etc, when they were little children,. .. our first new discovery was colored t.v. and then an 'atari or a some kind of ping- pong game and ...lol of course pac man, and ms. pac man.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 10:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• Do not sell yourself short, us moms who are close to 50 are right there with you..lol....I remember when Wizard of Oz came on once a year and you where either in front of that tv or you missed scenes and coudnt see the movie again for a whole year! Remember Dolly Madison commercials during the Peanuts cartoon specials? Always wanted Dolly Madison treats then. I remember sitting with my folks in the living room and watching Goldie Hawn shake her groove thing on Laugh-in. Ironside, The Wild Wild West, and my favorite on Sunday night, Lassie. Bob Hope specials, always a family favortie. All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore and of course Rhodas wedding,.lol...We actually got a dishwasher when I was in high school and b/c of the water shortage of where we lived my dad still made me wash dishes by hand. Remember Lawrence Welk? Oh my,,,those where the days huh? Could never play that dang Pac man anyway,,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Here, here beyondhopes - I am 51 and remember all of those things coffeeyumand you mention (and sometimes I feel over 60!) Going through menopause aged me incredibly -

Don't forget the Sound of Music played once a year too - and we would sing along because we knew all the songs by heart.

I feel fortunate to have been a child in the 60s - interesting and challenging time to have grown up.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am not even 50 or 60 But I can remember my mom who grew up in southern California saying that same thing.
    But they lived on a farm.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm 67 and do not remember dish washers (other than myself), computers, Microwave, never even dreamed such a thing would be in our life. No dryers, hung all the clothes on the line. Those were good days tho. But, happy I have lived long enough to learn all this new fandangle stuff we have.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010