Do I have to get my GallBladder removed?

I had a HIDA scan done and the results showed that my ejection fraction is 2%. Normal values are 35%-75%. I'm not to happy about surg has anyone tried to go on without the surg? do I really need it? I don't have any stones but I do have some pain and nausea.

Angelica2179

Asked by Angelica2179 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• This is something you need to ask you doctor.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• im not sure, but i know i had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed and im fine...
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Once your gallbladder is diseased, it usually gets worse very quickly. When it makes you sick, there is nothing like it. I just wanted to die at the time. Thankfully after I got it removed, it went away for the most part.
    I would suggest talking to the Dr.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have read that after it's removed you end up losing weight bcuz u have to watch everything u eat. That you get the runs and continue to have pain, is that true? I just want to hear it from someone that already went through it not just a doctor that has read it in text books.
    Angelica2179

Comment by Angelica2179 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• The first little bit after you have it removed is not easy, I will not lie. You are in a lot of pain and there are things that you still cannot eat. However, it is SO MUCH better than the pain from having a gallbladder that does not work. If you aren't at that painful stage yet, be Thankful because it is misery.
    I had to learn the things that I could and could not eat. There will always be things that will make you have to use the bathroom but you just learn to stay away from them or eat them in moderation. For the most part though, it isn't a lot. It's mostly really greasy things.
    I haven't seen anyone lose a ton of weight or anything. I would recommend getting it done.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I had mine out 8 years ago and I can eat everything. My Dr told me that I would not know what i could not eat until I ate it. It was done as an out patient surgery. I felt fine after 3 days. Then again I did not wait until it was inflamed before I had it removed
    valkay

Answer by valkay at 1:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2010