Activities for a 10 month old

What kind of activities & games do you or did you do with your 10 month old?

My DD loves playing games with me but I need a larger variety of things that we can do together.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Songs and Finger plays (Skitamerinky dinky dink...not sure on the spelling there, Frog Song, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Grand Old Duke of York, etc.). Peek-a-boo ...behind curtains with sheets with blankets around a chair, etc. Tickle games (try walking your fingers up him slowly and then surprising him with a tickle) Anticipation games are the best at this age! You can pretend your fingers are a bee and make them buzz around him until you finally get his tummy. Funny sounds...blow raspberries, make kissing sounds, animal sounds, etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ball, bubbles, aqua doodle, uhmmm, catch(I know this sounds bad, but my DD loved it!), can always go for walks, parks, make funny faces, You can start with some kind of clapping game...it will help with coordination...like, she can clap her hand son her legs while you sing....singing....dancing lol
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Oh...hide the toy games. A toy that makes sounds is best to start with. Hide it under a blanket, say "where did it go?" and make it make noise under the blanket. Then lift the blanket to reveal the toy. This is a good one for object permanence....particularly if you've had an separation anxiety issues this game with help him realize that object don't disappear when you can't see them.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Those are all great ideas, thank you both!!
    I really felt at a loss when I was thinking of games to play with her lol. It seems like we play the same games over & over. She grows bored easily.
    Marix3

Comment by Marix3 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• balls books and interactive dvds
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I love these ideas people are posting! I also chased my son around the floor and would tickle him when I caught him! Or play with her toys! Show her how to do new or silly things with them. She'll be fascinated!! But also don't be afraid to just let her play next to you without direct engagement from you. I think it's good for them to learn how to entertain themselves for a while... and slowly the "while" will become longer and longer... :) I love those moments when I can just laying on the floor next to him while he plays, and occasionally he comes over to show me something or for a quick hug, but mostly he just plays and babbles to himself.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010