spin off - how do you prevent razor burn?

I am 32 years old and still when I shave ANYWHERE and everywhere, i get crazy razor burn.. I've tried like 10 different razors and shaving creams and lotions... ugh.. I have very course hair for some reason so I know that adds to why I get it but I want to see if any mom's out there have secrets tp prevent it

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Use a sensitive deodorant. Use stick not spray on. I am NOT kidding. Before I started waxing, I learned this from a stripper. think about it, you don't get those bumps under your arms and it's moisturized. You just might want to wash it off if you plan on your man getting frisky as it's tastes horrible, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I put a tonne of baby lotion on my legs and delicate areas....let it sit for about 5 mins, and shave with that....only thing is you have to rinse the razor almost every stroke.
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Shave at the end of your shower or bath when the warm water has softened the hair follicle. Try shaving underwater (i.e. in the bath) ...add a little bath oil for lubrication. Rinse with cold water afterward to close the follicle.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I got the 6 blade razor from CVS and OMG that is the most awesome razor I've ever used!

I saw a post earlier about a woman using inexpensive hair conditioner as a shave cream. Sounded like a good idea to me but I haven't tried it.

if all else fails, try Veet. I love that stuff too.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If you use conditioner you give yourself a higher risk of UTI if you shave your vag....other than that, it works.
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I use Veet! It's awesome. I never get bumps.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• There is a product called Bikni-Zone. Get it at walgreens CVS Walmart. Apply before shaving and after for a few days and you will never get razor burn or those annoying bumps or ingrown hairs. Its a mirical what this stuff does. Works on underarms, panty line area, legs, upper lip.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Use hydrocortisone cream after you shave. But dont use it everyday, a few times a week should do the trick.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• One day I forgot to put a new can of shaving cream in the shower and ended up using my Bath and Body Works body wash instead of the shaving lotion. Works better than the shaving cream.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• What's VEET? like Nair ? or just a brand of shaving cream ?
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010