what do i do with wavy frizzy hair?

i always had ok hair but after i had both my boys ages 3 and 1 my hair changed and now i dont know what to do with it. how to style it and the right products to use. also im losing a lot of it????

marley1082

Asked by marley1082 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My hair is like that...I use a ceramic flat iron every day to style my hair (or else it's a big bushy mess). My hair is chin length and pretty thick and it only takes me about 20 minutes to do it.

John Frieda makes an anti-frizz serum to put on your damp/wet hair after the shower - it helps with keeping the poof out of your hair. I always use a conditioner to keep my hair healthy and shiny too - when your hair is straightened, you can tell if hair is not in good condition.

Hope any of this helps...
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Infusium 23 leave in conditioner is Wonderful. My hair is thick and frizzy, but this has helped tame it. Also, make sure you're not using a shampoo or conditioner with a lot of alcohol in it (there are different kinds.) Redken also has an intensive moisturizing conditioner that is awesome. I also find if I skip a day in between washings, my hair doesn't freak out as much.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm a huge cheapskate, and I like to use the cheapest stuff I can find. For my naturally curly, frizzy rats nest, I use Suave Humectant Shampoo and Conditioner. It's $2.88 at Wal-Mart for a gigantic bottle of each. When I rinse the conditioner, I don't rinse it clean, so there is a slight conditioner barrier still in my hair, which helps to weigh frizzies down. Also, I usually bathe at night so my hair can air-dry overnight, and then I use a ceramic flat iron and shine spray to tame it.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 1:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I use Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat once a week or so, and a moisturizing shampoo every day. I like the Aussie Moist. Also, when my hair is damp, I use Dove Frizz Control Taming Cream. You can build up layers of it in your hair without it looking greasy. I can't use the serum stuff, because it always looks like I didn't wash my hair! I also never use a blowdryer. I usually have to either flat iron or curl my hair though......it doesn't have enough curl to scrunch it, but it's wavy and frizzy.
    EvansMom103

Answer by EvansMom103 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• CHI Silk Infusion works for me!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• AHHHH don't use a flat iron every day! believe me it will kill your hair. i have naturally curly/frizzy hair. i use Garnier for curly/wavy hair. Then the mousse that goes with it. It's the only thing I can find to keep my frizz down while trying to keep a budget. I also put a little spray gel on my curls. If you scrunch your hair from the bottom to the roots it gives you a natural curly look.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008