what age is it not ok?

ever since my daughter was young i just took her in the shower with me. she hated tub baths and still does. at what age do you think she is too old? she doesn't ask questions about my parts or stare... just plays with her cup she dumps over her head.

Ambreelulu

Asked by Ambreelulu at 12:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• You'll know when she's too old. I take my 5 year old in the shower on occasion. I don't see anything wrong with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think when the questions begin, that's when to stop.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I completly agree with evelyn
    MessyMe

Answer by MessyMe at 12:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The questions didn't bother me, I just answered them. I think it's ok for kids to know how bodies are different from each other by gender and how they change as you reach adulthood. It's only a big deal if you make it one. Kids will develop a desire for privacy on their own as they reach the elementary years and once the child no longer wishes to bathe with mom or dad, that's when it should stop.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ehh. i think when there about 5 the together showers should stop and you should just sit in the bathroom and monitor what shes doin.
    Anonymous

• Riotgrrl has it exactly right. It's important for children to know what their bodies are, and to also know that there's nothing shameful about their bodies. Nudity in and of itself is not wrong, dirty, or sexual.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 1:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• she's seen her little brothers penis whil i was changing a diaper and she has asked if she's a boy to, so i explained to her that she's a girl and has girl parts.. she just hasn't asked questions about my breasts or down there area. she states that "grace is a girl, mom is a girl, dad is a boy, brother is a boy..." etc even down to the pets.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 2:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008