If Obama was indeed the AntiChrist, why worry about it?

I would think that Christians who believe in Rapture and the Book of Revelation would be devoutly wishing for the AntiChrist to show up so they can be taken "home" in the Rapture. They'd lose all worries about this Earth, if I correctly understand what I've read.

I don't pretend to understand those who believe this, and so I need to ask the question. If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, then what does it matter? You're safe. Or do I completely misunderstand all of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Hasn't the end been near forever now? It has. The date keeps moving to suite a particular generation or cause.
    Is the world going to end? Yes. Will it be because of Obama? NO. In fact I think our country would gain some respect for not hiring another "Maverick" (Maverick, is a cowboy that flys a plane. Didn't we just have a cowboy for Pres?).
    Anywho... God is not coming. He wouldn't wait so long. LOL The Anti-christ is not Obama. I can't even believe a "good christian" would classify someone as the anti-christ. Isn't placing judgements on people a sin or is it different when it suits your cause?
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 2:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• one if he were the anti-christ i would already have been raptured up into Heaven so he must not be. i can't believe some of the BS that is being printed about the man.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• read the bible.. there is no such thing as an antichrist.
    the only time the term was used was to describe people who were openly opposing christ.
    http://www.bible.ca/D-AntiChrist.htm
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Ok, I DON"T believe that Obama is the antiChrist, but I think I may have an idea of why the idea scares so many Christians. Obviously not all of a Christians loved-ones and friends are Christians as well. For example: if your daughter/sister/mother/husband or whoever is NOT saved as well, the idea of the end being so near could be terrifying, because you would know that you weren't going to spend eternity with your family. That's my take on it at least.......
    Anonymous

• I'm more concerned of what will happen if he isn't the AntiChrist. If he is then I am out of here, but if he's not things may get very bad with his connections and policies.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Obama is not the Anti-Christ! The anti-Christ is a religio-political institution that blasphemes God and "sits in the temple of God shewing himself that he is God" (2 Thessalonians 2:4) . All the world wanders after this beast. (Revelation 13:3) The Anti-Christ is the Roman Catholic Church, it's leader(the pope) is the one who " sits in the temple of God showing himself that he is god." Study the Word, people!
    Anonymous

• Anonymous at 12:16, you're a loon.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 1:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I can't believe people believe all this shit. It's comical.
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 1:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• RenDanielle, God is coming. He is waiting for a reason. The reason could be you! Maybe He is waiting for you to be saved. Time to God is very different than to us. He created time and is not constrained by it.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The bible is not clear when the rapture will take place, whether pre-trib, post-trib or mid trib
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2008