Breastfeeding and Pregnancy

For those of you who have gotten pregnant while breastfeeding, were you trying? I am still trying to figure out how to do Natural Family Planning if I don't have my cycle back. We don't use any form of Birth Control and we want to get pregnant again, just not as soon as he is born. Any Advice?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We were not trying it just happened LOL call around and take a class in NFP - trust me you will learn a lot!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I haven't, but I could have a couple of weeks ago (probably). I do NFP, and I ovulated just over two weeks ago. That's why I have AF right now. Charting during pregnancy doesn't really help much, except for maybe taking temps, just to get in the habit. If you breastfeed exclusively, chances are that you won't get your period for a few months (for me it's always been closer to a year, long after my baby starts on solids), but starting on charting right away is a good idea, anyway. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book to read. I need to buy it yet, though, lol. I skimmed through it once, and that's it. But my ovulation is friggin' OBVIOUS. Other women often don't have it so easy.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Just start taking temps...you will atleast get familiar with your body and the normal temp changes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010