anxiety attacks

Ok..so I posted earlier that for the past almost 8 months..me and my partner have been living in seperate states. CPS got involved because he was and abusive drunk to me, they made me and my kids leave the home..and I had no choice but come live at my parents house.
Now..my parents home is dysfunctional in a different way..but definitely way better than being with him..
but..
I get anxiety everytime something is about to happen...or is happening to him. It's so strange that I'm this connected to this man even though we are in two seperate states and have not seen each other very much in like i said almost 8 months.I always know..like now...

I have anxiety attacks that are ruling my life...
I have finally decided to try and not contact him at all and cut all ties even though i love him...
He's Dr. Jeckel and Mr Hyde..so i've dealt with a lot of confusion..but I'm to the point I dont want to live like this anymr

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• along with all of the hurt and anger and trying not to call him or text or him..or answer his calls or respond to him..im having anxiety over what he is doing. It's causing me insomnia..and making me feel physically sick. Im nursing and dont want to get on meds.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 11:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• you have to let him go he ruined your life thats not rite 4 a man 2 abouse u its not rite.... u have 2 find a way 2 forget bout him cuz he gona ruin ur life if u thnk bout it and stuff im rele sorry 4 what has happend
    hisfuturewife94

Answer by hisfuturewife94 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• One thing you can take safely is Tylenol Simply Sleep. My doc told me about it when I couldn't sleep while I was pregnant in the last trimester.

Getting out of a relationship is like breaking a habit. It's the same process in the brain, you are literally addicted to him. The longer you are without him, the easier it will get, you just have to get through it. You've spent so much of your life worrying about him and taking care of him, you are still in that mode of thinking.

This is totally unscientific, but I do believe you when you say you have an emotional connection to him. Maybe even a psychic connection. Maybe you could try to pray it away. Sounds hokey, but who knows what's really going on? I've been connected to people like that before.

You're doing the right thing.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You're doing the right thing letting him go. I know it's not easy. Don't let the situation get the best of you. When you feel one going on, find something else to do to get your mind off of it. Just take it one day at a time.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Is not going to be easy at first because you still love him but at the end, you are going to be a better person for yourself and your kids, you are going to learn a lot of that experience and you'll everything it's going to be alright. Good luck!!
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 1:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• PLEASE PERSONALLY MAIL ME........
    if you truely want help ♥♥♥♥♥

PLZ look at my profile.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• even if you love him dearly then if it is best for you then you should cut all ties from him no texting calling or whatever it is that is making you feel this way do what is best for you good luck :-)
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• even if you love him dearly then if it is best for you then you should cut all ties from him no texting calling or whatever it is that is making you feel this way do what is best for you

I have terrible anxiety attacks also and know and understand fully what you are talking about you just need to let him go and move on and as my therapist told me was what I need to do is just let everything or everyone go that is causing me to have these anxiety attacks; focus on me and my children and the positive in my life and talk about it always helps. Yes it does hurt letting go of things or people that you love and care about but in the end it will be better for you.

I know it is easier said then done sometimes but maybe join a support group or something where you can talk about your feelings and such and have others support you. if you need someone to talk to please PM and I will listen. Hope this helps and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2011