How do you get the bugs out of the house with out poisoning the kid ?

hadassah1582

Asked by hadassah1582 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• cockroaches are supposed to be repelled by bay leaves - not sure exactly how to put it into practice, but I imagine leaving around whole leaves where you see them or crumbling the leaves up and putting them around the entrance points to the house might work. The other ones, I don't know what they are, but I would suggest making sure your flour and rice are stored in air-tight containers, and that you buy them in smaller quantities and use them quickly before the bugs can get into them.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 1:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• JoLee,
    Bugs do not come only from a lack of cleaning. They can come from the neighbors and in some areas they are very common. Bugs are more common in hot, moist climates. People from some parts of the country are just not familiar with bugs and their habits.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• what kind of bugs?
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Cockroaches and theses little ones we have them in TX I don't know what they are called but they get into your rice and flour
    hadassah1582

Comment by hadassah1582 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You hire my toddlers... no bug is safe in our home... they even somehow manage to catch flies!! I don't get how.

Not sure for the cockroaches, but I think the little bugs you are describing are maybe gnats or fruit flies? Here In MT what I do is fill a bread back with apple cores, egg shells,... you know, food scraps that may be pleasing to the bugs, then they all go into the bag, once a good amount of them are in there, I tie off the bag and take em to the trash.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no they are not gnats or fruit fly I never saw them before I came to TX. They look kinda like over sized flees. I had a friend tell me when I moved to use all air tight containers and I do but I live in an apt. and they kinda just go I think form apt to apt. I' try the bay leaf thing.
    hadassah1582

Comment by hadassah1582 (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you are in an apt building then you need to contact your landlord and let him know you have these pest. Even you do everything you can the problem will never go away because the WHOLE building needs to be treated. Contact your landlord today!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• IDK! Personally, I think that bug come from lack of cleaning, but GL anyhow!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010