Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the easiest way to get my Fiance' here?

I'm pregnant and about to have my first baby. My fiance lives in Ireland and we are trying to find the easiest and best way to get him here and keep him here to be here for our daughter and myself. please help if you know anything that can help us.

Answer Question

Asked by TeenMommylove at 12:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Can he get a worker visa? If he has particular skills, then you might be able to get him here on that.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • If he doesnt get a work visa there will be only one way left - you need to marry him. and then it will be still a pain in the butt. me and my hubby have/had the same problem. he is american and im german. He can file for a "green card through marriage" (< google that for more informations about this visa). If not this specific green card then get married and YOU have to file for a SPOUSE VISA for him. Its expensive and takes a really long time. :(

    Your fiance is allowed to stay in the USA for 3months without a visa.

    i wish you guys good luck with it.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • My friend married a guy from Denmark, she flew over there and married him in Denmark and then he started the paperwork.

    Here is the site for the Dublin US Embassy


    Answer by Serafyna at 2:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • marry him :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.