Do you think poor people are sub human?

Over heard two neighbors talking one said "That old car sure has been in that the spot for a long time" other said "It probably belongs to some one from those apartments (speaking of to my apartments) you know there are poor people living in them." I did not know until then that was poor. ......It made me feel like Pip from Great Exceptions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL. Some people are so ignorant. (Them, not you)
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't think a level of income determines the character of a person.

Perhaps your neighbor was just making the assumption that people who live in apartments can't afford other housing (which is, of course, untrue).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wow...People are so dumb... the other day a women walked into the restroom at my work and said " all N*****s are stupid." I was so shocked and told her what she said was rude and unexceptable... It's so sad how so many people are so intolerant....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No, people often assume a lot of things about people that aren't right. For those of us who manage to get by every month, it doesn't mean we are any less human than they are. People are too quick to judge.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No-people of lower socioeconomic means are no different from anyone else.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nope, not at all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No I do not. But I also don't assume that based on a conversation two people are having they hate poor people either. People say a lot of things and If they're not anyone I really know I let it go. I don't allow another person to make me feel small. They can try but they will never succeed. Just know that you're a good person regardless of where you live and let them think whatever they want.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yup, some do....

they are "THOSE PEOPLE" and sometimes the people calling them "THOSE PEOPLE" are 1 or 2 paychecks AWAY from being "THOSE PEOPLE"

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• most people look down on SOMEONE else to make themselves feel better or superior. the poor generally are just an easy target.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Haha, it would make a hypocrite of me if I did, as we're not exactly swimming in money ourselves....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010