Massive hair loss & flaking

As I have begun to reduce breastfeeding and give my son more solid foods, my hair has begun to fall out more and more as well as my scalp flaking severally. It doesn't really itch but everytime I run my hands through my hair, a million flakes fall out. Its embarassing! Has this happened to any one else? My sister says it happened to her with her first 2 and her 4th kid.

Any recommendations for minimizing it.

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 12:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I remember losing hair when I started cutting down on breastfeeding my son. I read that it was normal, because the body doesn't shed hair during pregnancy like you normally do, and then when it's done, then the body goes back to shedding hair, including all the extra hair that it was storing during the pregnancy.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 1:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sound like u shud just keep it more moist...if u are using a blow dryer chill on it for a while it can break it and also curling irons..
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• really good conditioner, like biolage conditioning balm and maybe an iron supplement. i only BF for 2 weeks but after the baby i had horrible hair loss. Its just part of your body returning to normal. since you have been BF your hormones arent back to normal. mine stopped at about 6 mths PP so give it a few mths. (i am only 8 mths PP)
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2010