2 year old and hurt feelings

my 2 year old dd has lately been crying and pouty, over alot of what we say to her..we don't say it mean but shes crying ad doing the quivering lip thing all the time when we say anything to her,..alit of the time it's when she's tired, but it's during the day too...is this normal for a 2 year old? We've hit terrible twos, but i don't know what to do as far as this ordeal..ant advice?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 12:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awww. poor little sweetie. I used to feel sooo bad for mine. I just cuddle them more, maybe jealousy? Is she hurt? Stomach flu is going around. It could be anything... she might just want some stuff from the commercial ads that pull on children's heart-strings all the time, and hear she can't get all that stuff, I know ours would always say, this is what I want, and the ads had them for like $29.99 for everything.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's probably a stage. She probably testing you and see what she can get away with.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Don't let her boss you around with it...she's exploring her emotions to be sure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My 3 year old is doing a pouty thing now too. I hope it's just a phase. I figure he's trying to see how much sympathy he can get from us and how much he can get away with when he thinks we are feeling sorry for him. We just try not to respond to it or change what we are saying or doing at the time, but it's hard because he's actually really cute when he does it! That's when he's not crying anyway. The excessive crying I know is because he's tired because his sleep schedule has not been good this summer and I know he's short on sleep.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 12:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010