What's your opinion?

I just wondered how you guy's felt about it because my cousin was in this situation and now she's marrying her dream guy after a horrible marriage to a controlling jack ass. They're getting married at the end of this month, I think. I personally have no problem with it, and neither does my (soon-to-be-ex) husband. Not saying this is me, we were just talking about it earlier and I wondered how other people felt about it. So here it is:

Do you think it's wrong to date while you're still married (whether you're living together still or not) if you both agree that your marriage can not be saved because you've tried everything imaginable and you both agree that seeing new people is ok?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• If both people agree, then who else is to say differently? I do however, think that each person should be open about it with the person that they are dating (admit that they are still married). Other than that....to each his own.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it is fine to date once you are separated or in the process of divorce. But you have to let the new person know that you are still married, ect. Out of common fairness. Divorce can take so long sometimes, I am not sure it is realistic to not date the whole time.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If they're trying to work things out I'd say no. But if its to the point where your just waiting to sin divorce papers I don't see the problem.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sometimes divorce can take forever. I was not about to sit on my ass & let some other woman steel the womderful man i'm in love with just because my divorce process took so long. I really needed him during that time too. Yes, some people looked down their nose at me saying he was my "rebound" but here we are, 5 years later still together & now married.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i wouldnt have a problem with it AS long as a divorce was in motion already
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yeah that's pretty much the way I see it DMac.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i think people genuinely know whether it's past saving.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• if we both agree on that why not?
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 1:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wether a relationship was bad or what not if you are still married then its cheating to date while you are such. period
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I dated before my divorce was finalized, but we had been seperated for 1.5 years, so it seemed ok. We agreed on it. But, now that i've done that I think you need to close one chapter before you open another. When the divorce was finally finalized I had been steadily dating someone for 5 months and it was going well, but the actualy divorce cause a LOT of mixed up emotions for me and cause damage to my new relationship....
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 12:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010