Would you rather have regrets on things you DIDN'T do or regret things you did do? And why?

Lacy_2

Asked by Lacy_2 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• For me personally...I would rather have regrets of things I didn't do...because I've done anything that I regret at all or to bad. Like before I got married I wanted to be a model, but because my husband at the time (fiance) didn't want me to go into it because he thought I would be gone to much or find someone new. I haven't traveled the world...I've been a stay at home for 22 years so I didn't go to college to BECOME something other then a mom and wife. No regrets on the decision I made there because I loved getting married and having my kids. Now that I am freer to do the things I've always wanted to do..now maybe I can turn those regrets into what I want to do...not saying I could be a model now but I write songs and that is something I can pursue now. What about you? Also add me as a friend, I am new here!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I mean to say in my comment about......"Because I HAVEN'T done anything that I ......" sorry!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Well I am more of a thrill seeker and always go for what I want. So most of the time I feel as though I would rather regret things I did rather than regret not doing them. I have made mistakes in my life but that is how I have learned by making my "regrets". So I don't consider them regrets. Sure if I could go back would I do it again I wouldn't do the same thing maybe not but I don't consider that a regret. IDK if I am a making much sense... Guess maybe I should explain my situation...
    Lacy_2

Answer by Lacy_2 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would rather have regrets about things that I didn't do. For one thing, if I didn't do something, most of the time, there is still a chance to do them. Like going to school, being a better mom, wife, whatever. But once you've done something, there it is, set in stone.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Looking back, I think I have a healthy mix of both. There are some lines I won't cross, some I wish I hadn't, and other lines that are so far gone I can't see them anymore. It has to do with my comfort on the topic. I really don't have many regrets in life.. the only that really comes to mind was hurting my ex-husband, but it was the best choice I've made in my life.. so I regret he was hurt but not the choice made.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Wow, that is a hard question. I would rather have regrets on things I did not do. For some of those things, there is still a chance. I would not want to regret too much of my past because all of those things put me where I am now, with a great partner, son, and family.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 2:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• In the words of the legendary Butthole Surfers: "it is better to regret something you HAVE done than to regret something you HAVEN'T done...".

I would rather get to the end of my road and know I had taken opportunities and experienced as much as life has to offer than to have lived in fear, never knowing if I had missed out on some thing that would have brought me extreme joy.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have NO regrets, period. How can I regret something that I haven't done or had?
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 2:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i dont really have regrets because i know that if i hadnt done all the things i did, i wouldnt be where i am now and i wouldnt be trying to better myself.
    Anonymous

• I would rather regret something I did do... because if I DIDN'T do something, it would drive me crazy until I did it.

I dont have any regrets either, but that wasn't the question.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008