can I get pregnant?, even thou I still have not gotten my period and I am still breasfeeding. My son is now 6months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes - if you are not on BC you can get pregnant. It is a common myth that you cannot get pregnant while breastfeeding. You absolutley CAN.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• breastfeeding doesnt protect you from not getting pregnant
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with Fawn. Actually(not sure how tru it is) they say in the first year or so you are more prone to getting pregnant thats why they push so hard for birth controll. The best thing you can do if you dont want birth controll, is to find out when you ovulate, and not have sex when your on ovulation. hope that helps some.
    MessyMe

Answer by MessyMe at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• YES!!! If you are not on BC then YESSS!!! Happened to me when my son was 4months old. I was only breastfeeding & still hadn't had a period.
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes! PLEASE USE CONDOMS!! Just because you're breastfeeding doesn't mean you're immune!

How do you think women have two babies in one year? They probably thought they didn't have to use a form of contraception either =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If you are an adult female, and have all the right parts, you can get pregant. It doesn't matter what kind of birth control you have, if your man or yourself is fixed---you can get pregnant. Unless, you are not having sex, and ...welll, that's really the only way you can't get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can. I got pregnant with my youngest before my period came back from his sister. If you aren't ready to have another baby yet, you need to be using some kind of BC.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008