am I rude for not befriending my kid or my husband on Facebook?

anybody else block their relatives from their page?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pretty much all of my family is on there, but I pick and choose what I want them to see. My father, his adultress, and my sister cannot see anything but my basic info. I've tested that theory by blocking my husband the same way, logging in and seeing if it worked. I switched him back to regular settings though. If you don't want to add them, you don't want to add them. It's your account. People take this stuff way too serious.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My kids are too young for Facebook but I do find it strange you'd not friend your husband.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nope, my husband is my friend on fb and so if half of my family isn't that teh point of fb? To stay connected with friends and family. Are you hiding something that you dont want them to see?
    janette25

Answer by janette25 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• kind of IMHO

what is it that you feel you need to hide from your kid and husband?

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There are some extended family members that I have blocked due to drama but I would NEVER think of blocking my Husband or Child. What is it that you are hiding? What if your Husband blocked you? Is that okay with you?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I can say that I would be concerned if my husband blocked me from his facebook.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it's extremely rude. Got something to hide? Cause that's what I would think if I were your husband.
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no my husband and most of muy famliy is on facebook my question to you is why would u block your family that makes not sense to me unless u have soemthign to hide frm them
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• pretty much over half my facebook friends are aunts, uncles, cousins, my 2nd cousins my cousins husbands etc....i love being able to stay in touch with my family. it took forever for me and my man to "be facebook friends" but we dont go posting on eachothers pages i love yous or anything hell he isnt even in my relationship status.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sorry, I find it very strange to not friend your immediate family from your Facebook account. My family is very important to me and I have nothing to hide. I am proud to have him listed as my husband. If my son was old enough and had an account, I'd definitely want to be his friend so that I could monitor what was being said on his account.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2010