Venting...

So today I ran to the store to buy a few things and the total came up 10.56. I gave the chasier 20.56, but the nickle rolled out and didnt make it into the cashiers hand. I did not notice and she gave me back 9.95, when I told her I gave her 20.56 and should get a 10 back, she told me I gave her 20.51 and at the point I found the nickel on the counter. I asked her to open the drawer and give me a ten back (I needed it for a birthday card), and she was very rude and refused. There was no line behind me and I realize some stores have policies about not making change/opening the drawer due to chances of theft, but I mean, Come on! I used to work retail and if someone gave me funny change like that, I would say something, or would have at least corrected it!
My s/o isnt hone and I just needed to vent!

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• Well that is rediculous. If I dropped something they'd still count it.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 12:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• that b!tch!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They are taught that behavior could be a scam - I was in retail management for years and have seen that many times. It's a way to confuse the kid and get back more change that is due. The cashier was just trying to protect her job really. We had very strict policies about the cashiers opening their drawers for any reason except for a sale. Don't blame the kid, they were just doing what they were trained to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It was not a kid, it was a grown woman (not that it really matters). And like I said before, the nickel was just sitting on the counter. Its not like I was randomly saying I got the wrong change back. I was just more frustrated that I had to drive to the bank to get a fricken 10 dollar bill, you cant put a 5, 4 1's and a dollar in change in a card you are mailing!
    Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• you might be surprised how many people would be pissed off at her for questioning... most kids just stick to the script b/c someone is always going to be mad at them when working retail ;o(

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It is all about CONTROL for people. And when one person is rude, that clerk is annoyed and passes off her annoyance to the next person (you) and so on and so on. It sucks. I'm sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• that cashier was rude and you should have asked for a manager or called up there to report them
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yeah she was being a jerk I prob would have said something to the manager... if he cares anything about customer service reputation he'd do something about it
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• hugswell that is mean but you need to take into consideration maybe he didnt see when the nickel fell and some of the stores once its close then its closed usually you would have to wait until they open the thingagain with the next customer.i hope you feel better and well even though it is mean he didnt knwo that you needed he 10 dollars for the card

Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• she just didnt want too some people will for ya tho.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010