Recall on Infants Tylenol & Motrin Drops

Did anyone else hear about the recall on Infants Tylenol & Motrin drops? I am now buying the cheap version & wondering which ones you guys are switching to. Also, when you alternate the two...how did your childs pediatrician tell you how to do it?

ProudMommyOH3

Asked by ProudMommyOH3 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Again? or is this the last one, still?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We bought a generic for now, just in case. We not big on medicating, so I have never used the alternating method.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I very rarely use any of those products. I know I always buy the store brands though, so I'm not concerned with the recall.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i just bought the genetic one from walgreens the doctor said its the same thing
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well I am just worried because my daughter has a high fever, second day now, and we are listening to her doctor about what to give her, but her temperature keeps going right back up :( Poor baby, and I have to wait the time given in between each dose, and the cheap version we bought just doesnt seem to be working the same and as long, I dunno?
    ProudMommyOH3

Comment by ProudMommyOH3 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I also know they are both recalled in our state because they took both off the shelf and do not sell them right now.
    ProudMommyOH3

Comment by ProudMommyOH3 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There was a recall quite some time ago. As of two weeks ago Infant Tylenol was still not on shelves.

I use off brand acetaminophen right now (tylenol). I do not alternate between the two.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:24 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• we swtiched to motrin - it seems to work better too
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We used to alternate Tylenol and Motrin (our son had febrile seizures, so it was important to keep the fever down) and we'd give Tylenol, then 3 hours later Motrin, 3 hours later Tylenol, etc. That way they only get one dose of each medicine in a 6 hour period of time.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010