how do you know when it's true love?

I have been talking to this guy for about a year, if not longer. We just recently talked on the phone, and got to know eachother a little better. We talk all the time...and we both love it! I am just stuck between a rock and a hard place basically. He says he feels "simular" as I feel for him (I feel that I love him), but I have a husband too...which I think him and I have different types of love for eachother, and always have. I feel incomplete, but this guy makes me feel better. I know this is horrible.......everyone is probably making judgements, so if you have something neg to say, leave now.
I just want to know...
when did you know it was love? What were the feelings you got? (jealousy, giggly, butterflies, spontaneous happiness etc).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Those are feelings that make you feel wanted, I don't think it is love, you don't really know this person. I think you need to look at your marriage. Is your husband a good man, does he work hard, does he treat you right. Do you have children? If so are you willing to "share" and destroy what security in life they know. Marriage is work, just because you don't get those warm feelings anymore doesn't mean your marriage is dead. Talking to another man in an intimate way is not ok. It is a form of infidelity. Good luck. Love is when you care more about the other person than yourself. Love is more than physical sensations. I hope you find what you are looking for.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 1:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree, love is not physical sensations. It is not even a feeling. The giddiness and butterflies in the stomach are lust, or infatuation. They are your body's way of fooling you into mating with this person and creating a child. These feelings die down sooner or later, and then comes the real test of whether you are compatible or not. At its highest form, love is a decision. Buy the book The Road Less Traveled off Amazon, the author does an excellent job of explaining what love is.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 2:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You don't. You make a decision and then go for it. But be prepared for the consequences.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:57 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i say when you know it is TRUE LOVE Is when you feel appreciated more & more wanted then you had in other relatioships & the feeling is better more reasonable you have that person on your mind more then usual i think that sums it all
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• but i would say this whatever you choose to do i hope your happy but there is alot of consequences in choosing something that is not what you are use to but like i said i hope it all works out in the end for you good luck
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I appreciate everyone's oppions and time y'all took to answer my question! :)
    Longos-wife

Answer by Longos-wife at 1:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2010