How do I get my 1 year old daughter not to cry when getting a bath

MOMMA2ISSY

Asked by MOMMA2ISSY at 1:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you tried getting in with him? Or your hubby.

My son has never cried but we started out co-bathing so he was comfy with that.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• could be water is too cold or too hot. My kids like a much warmer bath than you would think, when their daddy bathes them, you'd think it was an ice bath from the way they scream at him.

does she not like the water in her face? my DD has an issue with that (same as me) so I hold a dry washcloth over her forehead and eyes as I rinse so it doesn't get in her face.

bath toys?

that's about all I've got right now
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• TOYS!!! :)
    Or bubbles.... or both!
    Also, try making it a fun time... do it more often if you need to, just at first! If you have to do it twice a day at first, then do it... just until they are use to it! My kids hated bathing... but we turn it into a more fun time than anything and they seem to be better with it! I will usually let them play for 5 minutes and then wash hair, then 5 more minutes then wash their body, then 5 more minutes and they are out.... if they are just getting in to wash they will never like it! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sorry I put him*** ugghh I do that a lot
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL ANSWERS
    MOMMA2ISSY

Comment by MOMMA2ISSY (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree Toys! Maybe fill the tub ahead of time.
    Eliz3

Answer by Eliz3 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My daughter loves spongebob. So I put spongebob stickers on the ceiling, so she will look up and I can rinse the soap/shampoo off of her head. Otherwise she freaks out if water touches her face.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We tried everything with our kiddo, and we finally just started doing baby wipe baths for a while and then re-introduced him to the tub and he did a lot better, I think it helped that he seen me take a bath a few times too so it was not so scary anymore
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010