What is the best way to go from brunnete to red head?

Yeah, a red afro. It's the one color it hasn't been yet.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 2:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• depends on what level you are now, to what shade of red and level of red you want to go.

you said brunette, but there are several levels to being brunette.. and like I said, I don't know what shade red you want to go.. like fire engine red, or like a strawberry blonde type of red.. (big differences obviously).

you can go to a salon and have them do it for you.. they can use a kicker to really boast that red for a more dramatic effect look.

personally, pending on your level and the condition of your hair, I may decolorize slightly by about two levels, then I would go through with an intense red, like maybe a 6.66 or 6IR and if you wanted it extra bright, maybe put a little kicker in there.

However I would NEVER do this to my own hair by myself, lol. just talking about if you were my client based on what you've said, this is probably what I would do. However feel free to pm me and we can discuss it further
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There are box dyes made to go from brunette to red just check the box's before colors. I think its loreal but im not sure. My favorite hair dyes are the 3 dollar one from walmart. They seem to damage my hair the least.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 2:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• by dying it.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Boy do I hope that last reply was sarcasm!
    MythicMMM

Comment by MythicMMM (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Red red hair? You might have to bleach it first, not sure. I'm a natural redhead so I don't know...
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think you should go talk wiht your hair stylist.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• do you want dark red or light red? dark red just put the dye on and let it do its magic ,if you want light your gonna have to strip to white then put on your red and depending on you length it can be exspensive.
    whitedove34

Answer by whitedove34 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• if you alrady have color in your hair you would need to bleach all the color out first then deposit the red color in. just keep in mind that red color tends to fade fast so you may need to retouch it maybe every 3 weeks to keep it looking fresh. i would go get it done at a salon tho.
    mayramommy1991

Answer by mayramommy1991 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010