When should My husband and I have our 2nd child?Our daughter just turned 1.

Daughter just turned 1. When should we have another child? I still want to loose about 40 more lbs LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They recommend a minimum of 18 months between pregnancies for your body to heal, replenish minerals stores, etc., ideally 24 months min, and not more than 5 years...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Babies born to months that waited less than 18 month are more likely to be born premature and with lower birth weights..
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• mothers, not months lol
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i think you and your husband should be the ones to decide when the time is right to expand your family :)
    kmh92902

Answer by kmh92902 at 2:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my older daughter waited 5 years before having her second child. my youngest waithed three years before having hers. i would say two years is good. they kind of grow up together my oldest and middle child sre 24 months apart. if there 5 years or older they dont have that much in common.my middle and youngest are 10 years apart its like my youngest is an only child.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 2:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i would wait at least another year...my son is going to b 4 in october and we are going to start this fall on our 2nd child...i wanted to wait until my son was able to do certain things for himself b4 we had another baby... that away my son wouldnt need my help as much...and i could use that time attending to the new baby...also my son could help as well with the new baby :) so i guess it depends on the person
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Personally... I use this rule! Start trying for another when your previous one is almost out of diapers! LOL I potty trained my daughter when I was pregnant with my son... It actually worked out well since I was going to the bathroom every half an hour anyways... LOL... but I cannot imagine changing twice as many diapers or buying twice as many either! Its just so much easier if you only have to change ONE childs diapers and buy ONE size and NOT TWICE AS MANY! LOL good luck though! My kids are almost 3 yrs apart and they get along great.... so Im glad that I had them as far apart as I did!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart and I love it! They are so close and so much fun to do things with because they are "in" to the same things at the same times. I think more than 3 years and you start having a harder time finding things that are fun for the whole family due to the wide difference in ages/abilities. I liked having them so close together that I did it again with my 4th and 5th - they are 20 months apart!

Answer by missanc at 8:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's really up to you and your husband. You have to take into consideration how you would feel being pregnant right now and do you want 2 in diapers, etc. We had our kids 3 years apart. I had c-sections with both of them, and it took me a good 2 years before I felt physically ready to go through another pregnancy and delivery. By the time DD was born, my son was potty trained and fairly independent. He really enjoys playing with his little sister and is very protective of her. Likewise, she loves her big brother. Anything he does makes her smile and laugh.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I do agree it's up to you and your husband. When you feel you're ready.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010