Do any of you have a thiroaid issue?

I can't loose the baby fat for the life of me! What's wrong! I work out every day and walk at least 3-7 miles a day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• I had postpartum thyroiditis after my daughter was born and it took about 3 years to correct itself. During that time I gained a lot of weight and could not lose it to save my life. I was at a point where I was swimming 50 laps, 3-4 times a week and still did not lose anything. If you suspect you have a thyroid problem, get it checked out so you can start treatment.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Have you had your thyroid levels checked? I did about a year ago and the dr that I went to at the time put me on these pills, that made me go INSANE! ( My regular dr was on maternity leave so I couldnt see her) but when I was on these pills for just about 2 weeks I was mean, and a total different person... I couldnt lose weight or anything... then I went to my regular dr and she said that I wasnt taking the pills long enough to make a change in my thyroid and after checking my thyroid again, she said I was fine! She looked over my other notes that I got from the previous dr and she said that he must have looked at the results wrong cause even the paper said I was fine! UGH...... So....with that being said are you sure you have thyroid problems?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010