What should I do about my son's god mom adult content

So my son's God mom is trying to get my son to call her mommy. I don't approve of this at all. But she keeps on says since he can't say me-ma that he wants him to call her mommy. I don't think thats the best thing for my son it will only mess him up in the long run.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• um that's a big fat heck no on someone trying to get my kid to call them mommy! My MIL tried that for a while and I put my foot down!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I've tried. nothing is working any advice?
    teddybear3163

Answer by teddybear3163 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• teach him to say nina Its usually easy for babies. it means godmother in spanish. and you should give he a piece of your mid.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 2:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• She calls her NINA and god father NINO
    I think Nina is nice
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would simply say "No, I don't feel that comfortable that. After all, how would you feel if YOUR child called someone else mommy?".
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You tell her that your son has ONE mommy - that's YOU. If she has kids, ask her how she would feel if they were calling someone else by that name? - Or, if she doesn't - when/if she will have kids, would she want them calling other people Mommy?

Also - if the godmother is also a grandma, then he will call her grandma (or me-ma, or whatever name you teach him) when he can say it. If it's not his grandmother, then I would tell her flat out that, as Godmother, she's an honorary auntie, but NOT his mother. She can be called "Aunt ___". Then you tell her flat out - nicely but firmly, that as much as you like and respect her, or else you wouldn't have asked her to be Godmother, if she can't respect this, then she will not be allowed to spend time with your son.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sorry, "comfortable with that"
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You make up a name he can say because I think she is confused i thought me-ma was another form of grandma or nanny call her something now look I am confused too maybe he shold call her Goma?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• NOOO WAY!!! What ever he call her at the moment should be fine until he learns to speck better.
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• its just like when I tell her that its my way because I am the mom, she fights me with it. my son is 18 months and loves spicy hot foods, she she goes on about how i cant give it to my kid in her house. she does that to me all the time, my house my rules.
    teddybear3163

Answer by teddybear3163 at 3:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010