Question about ultrasounds...

This if my first child and I've only gotten 2 ultrasound pictures to keep. These are from when I was 6 weeks and 10 weeks pregnant. They already did the ultrasound for the anatomy and sex but I did not get any of those pictures. Those pictures are in my pregnancy folder file at the ob/gyn's office. I want to ask the doctor if I could see them and take pictures with my camera of them? Or if I can have them or do those pictures have to stay in that folder? If those are not possible I want to pay for an ultrasound so that I can keep the pictures. I wanted a 3d/4d ultrasound but I live in El Paso, TX and there's only one place that does them and they cost $275. Does anyone know how much a regular ultrasound cost to determine the sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no, but usually whenever you go to get an ultrasound, just ask them to print you out photos.. when i was pregnant with my son, i had gestational diabetes so i had an ultra sound every other month and i got tons of photos.. just ask, they are happy too give them to you.. its no sweat on their account, its just paper..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• An ultrasound at the hospital will cost you FAR more than $275. If you had insurance with the last two, just call your insurance co and ask for a detailed statement of claims. You'll find the chare on there.

BTW this is a good thing to do regardless to ensure that no one is over charging or double charging. This has been a problem lately. I found it on my hospital bill from my youngest daughters birth.
    MadBeachMom

Answer by MadBeachMom at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My 3d ultrasound was $210 for 2 visits I priced regular 2d ultrasounds anywhere from $50 to $100
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• No place can garuntee the sex if the baby doesn't want to show.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• you should beable to get them anytime i got an utrasound they always printed them off and gave me a cd
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008