When you are pregnant, do you believe that it is still your body and you will do with it and put into it whatever you wish, regardless of fetus?

To be specific.........Did you still do whatever made you happy or whatever you wanted to do regardless of the fetus? Or......did you choose to abstain from or choose not to do certain things because someone told you that you should not? Or.........did you choose to abstain from or not do certain things because someone told you that you should not and you did your own research and decided certain things were not within your standards while pregnant?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, I think I actualIy ate HEALTHIER THAN EVER. Then when I found out I was expecting twins, I really tried to eat VERY well and REST. It was so worth it!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I did what was healthy because a doctor gave me guidelines and I also took some pregnancy health classes and made my own decisions. I remember being in the hospital asking for sushi, lol, cause it had been so long, my SO went and got me some :)

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm 25 weeks right now... no alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, I try to avoid ALL drugs (I think I've taken a tylonal 2x now), I've been avoiding sunscreens/lotions/body washes that aren't all natural, I've been trying to use only all natural deodorant (no antiperspirant/aluminum) which SUCKS during the summer!, etc... So no, it's not MY body when I'm prego or breastfeeding.

The only things I can think of that I do that may be considered no-nos: I have been eating soft cheeses and the occasional frozen yogurt though, but it's debatable whether that's even a concern (with the way soft cheeses are aged in this country many believe that it's not). And I still go ice skating with DH and DD.

Assuming this is a bit of a spin off from the "refused to serve alcohol" post, do I care what others choose to do? NOPE!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh yeah, another possible "no-no" After the 1st trimester I'll have a chai or green tea once or 2x a week... but I don't have any the 1st tri when it's been show to cause problems...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I was very cautious to what i did and ate....it was my first pregnacy and i wanted everthing to b perfect...esp a healthy baby..not only that my family was like you cant do this or that!!! so they was very protective
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• stopped drinking energy drinks, eating certain sushis, and drinking alcohol. i ate healthy and worked out before i was pregnant and continued that during my entire pregnancy. in fact i was doing hard cardio, weight, lifting, and ab exercises up to the day i delivered. my body was in such great shape that my natural labor/birth was virtually painless(contractions were nothing and didn't hurt at all) and my baby was out in 5 pushes. forget resting, women need to work out during pregnancy. also my daughter was born beyond healthy and strong. she was lifting her head on day one and can already roll over at 3 weeks
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When I was pregnant I told myself that my body was being occupied by someone else for the next 9 months so I researched the can's & cants of pregnancy for her sake. I avoided the cants & had a beautiful, healthy & strong baby girl=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, it's my body, but there are still a lot of things that cross the placenta and go into the baby's body. I wouldn't risk the health of my baby just because I wanted to have a good time or put something in my body that made me feel good that could harm the baby. That would be incredibly selfish.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I gave up ALL of my bad habits. I stopped smoking, I didnt take meds when I was sick, and I gave up caffeen to only 12oz a day. Everything I could do- for 9 months my belly was a temple, I have a perfectly healthy baby for it too :)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I mean, I still have sex with my husband...
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010