How can I stop my son from throwing up?

My son is 22 months old and for the last few months, when he gets upset or in trouble, he will cry so much that he works himself up and ends up throwing up. I have no idea how to stop him from going to that extreme. Has anyone else been through this? Can anyone help?

lovemygirls2007

Asked by lovemygirls2007 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A lot of toddlers, as it turns out, can get so upset or angry that they vomit almost at will. But, for the most part this is learned behavior. And you have to take a learning approach (or a behavioral approach) to solving it. In other words, when his vomiting gets results, it will continue. When it stops working, it will stop. However, you still have to deal with the vomiting while he's still trying to see if it works! GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:48 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Talk to your pediatrician about this and read up on it. You can browse all you like in a Barnes and Noble, or similar, store. There are ways to let him express his frustration/anger that will not make him vomit. You need to find this info out and help him learn ways to safely express himself. Best wiahes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2010