can ayone please let me know what is the best thing a man can do to higher their sperm count level.....please soomeone help me i have tried clomid for myself and i have also gotten my tubes drained and nothing..no results but it's definetly him...

tutinena

Asked by tutinena at 1:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Hear that a med-rare steak can do something for a man. Don't quote me but I heard it somewhere. If nothing else he will be happy for the steak lol.
    jpage

Answer by jpage at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Wear boxers; don't do computer work with the laptap on your actual lap (the heat can actually kill off sperm), no steamy hot showers or hot tubs, saunas, etc., have intercourse every other/3rd day to build the sperm you do have, no drugs or alcohol. These are the things our gyno suggested when we were trying to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Did he have a sperm count. Unless he has had one you can't know. It is more often the woman then the man. I also took clomid and had tube surgery and it did not work. About 10 years later I got pregnant with no help at all.
    debyduz

Answer by debyduz at 1:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My hubby is middle-eastern and they believe eating alot of almonds and drinking almond juice makes stronger sperm. I'm pregnant with our third- so I guess it works for him (maybe just in his head) but hey, its worth a try!
    Anonymous

• Only have sex once a month...I hear that ups the sperm count if you only have sex on your ovulation day.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Sorry but the last answer is wrong... Having sex very infrequently will actually lower sperm count because the body adjusts to how often you are having intercourse. In the reading I did it said have sex every third day while you are ovulatiing (which is usually more than just one day) I recommend this book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is an excellent resource, three months after I started charting I got pregnant, we had tried for a year. To echo above, I hope you have had your husbands sperm count tested. It would seem very irresponsible of your Dr to put you on drugs and do procedures without first testing both of you! Often fertility issue are a comibnation of both people and not just one or the other. By charting your cycle and all of your fertility signs (like cervial fluid and waking temperatures) that are sometimes ignored by DRs you can sometimes even pinpoint a problem yourself.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Another thing that is incorrect is that most infertility is linked to the women. Female infertility is linked to 1/3, male infertility is linked to 1/3, and the last third is linked to a combination of problems or unexplained infertility.

I have heard that zinc defincantcies cause low sperm count. If your DH isn't already taking a multivitiamin with zinc have him start.
    eagerforbaby

Answer by eagerforbaby at 1:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008