scared to give BIRTH

I have been watching videos on YouTube about giving birth. I am 3 months pregnant and I am scared of how painful it is, and how much it hurts to have the baby come out... Any help on this?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 4:42 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Force yourself to not think about it. I put myself in to panic attacks worrying/stressing over something that hadnt happened yet. Don't allow yourself to stress until your 39th week in. Because really, it IS going to happen. It will be painful, but completely worth it. And a year from now, it will be nothing more than a memory =)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The idea is scary but in the grand scheme of things, it's a most a few days out of your life. Once the baby is there you still remember the pain, but it seems less because you see the reason why it hurt and feel it was worth it.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Child birth for me wasn't as bad as it looked on TV or watching videos. There is drugs that they will give you to help you with the pain. It's not as bad as you would think it is. In the end once your child is in your arms and you see there beautiful face the pain is all worth ever bad night of sleep any pain that you did have and any ache in your back or how you live in the bathroom in the last 4 months of being preggo. Child birth was worth it all. You will be fine momma-to-be. A women's body knows what it needs to do to have a child. Trust in your body when the time comes and just focus. Do yourself a favor STOP WATCHING THESE VIDEO. 

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Epidural! I had one with three out of four. I do have to give props to woman who choose to give birth without drugs. It can be scary but take it from someone who HAD to have my last one natural women are made for giving birth! The pain goes away as soon as that baby comes out :) my advice is if you don't think you can handle the pain. Tell them you want an epidural as soon as they will give it to you. And remember its easy otherwise there wouldn't be so many people in this world :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 5:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• cool down,there is nothing so scary.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 5:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I can say during the birthing process I was completely against ever having sex again, WHY DID I DO THIS sort of mode, etc... Having more kids? Screw that! But that is a long lost memory. I remember it hurting of course, but the extent of the pain is mainly forgotten, and I have my wonderful 14 month old. Would I consider having another? Heck no. Why? Because I am too freakin tired as it is! Child birth just doesn't scare me the way it did before I had been through it. Now it's just another thing women go through.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i honestly think all moms go through this at some point in pregnancy..i sure did at the end..you have a long way to go and plenty of months to focus on how your birth will go stop worrying and just enjoy the things to come and all the changes it doesnt last forever!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I did the same thing, I was worried sick with watching those video's, but by the end of my pregnancy, I actually requested to be induced! I no longer cared how much it would hurt, I just wanted that baby out! You'll get to the same point too... good luck!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:58 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I gave birth naturally - no drugs at all and yes it was painful for around 5 min while I was pushing the baby out and then it was over. I don't even remember the pain now. My C-section was more painful after the fact when I had my twins however I can not wait to conceive again!

Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If it hurt as bad as you imagine...the world would come to an end. LOL It truly is nothing you can't handle. Look up midwife/home birth.hypnobirth, waterbirths....freebirthing even. Those women had no meds or Epidurals which are bad for baby anyway. I had a natural no med birth and it was fine. Read Ina May's Guide to Child birth. Remember that during birth, if you get up and walk around, change positions to deliver...it will hurt even less. The real pain comes when you are staying in bed on your back for the whole labor and delivery.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010