How is Christianity a Religion?

Religion is man made right? Well Christianity is Christ's teachings and Christ is not man made. Thoughts on this?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 5:16 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Christianity as a religion is man's way.....following Jesus is God's way.
    Also in Matthew 22:41-45 it says this:[41] While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,[42] Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.[43] He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,[44] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?[45] If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?[46] And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's your opinion. I totally think Jesus is man-made.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't consider Christianity a religion. I consider it to be a way of life. When a person receives Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to live and reign in the heart of that individual. It is a life-changing event. There is an inward regeneration of a sinful spirit and soul and a transformation begins to take place in the life of that person. Religion is conforming to some outward set of rules and standards that are really nothing more than man-made legalistic tenets. I see this as a huge difference.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Christianity is Christ's teachings and Christ is not man made

But was Christ not a man while on Earth? Then a man created Christianity. 

However, Christ's followers are the ones who created Christianity based on the teachings of Christ. Christ, Himself, didn't start the religion. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I can see what you are trying to say. It is only a religion when legalism and control come in. True christianity is not about religion but having a deep relationship with Jesus the Son, God the Father and Holy Spirit. When Jesus came, He came to teach us the way to truth, love, mercy and grace as well as how to heal the sick, the lame, the blind the deaf and raise the dead. His purpose on this earth was to become a man like us and experience things like us and to redeem us from sin.
    It was not until the disciples after Jesus death were in Antioch that they were first called Christians and in those days it was a derogatory term. It wasnt meant as a complement but as criticism. However they took it and turned it around for good.
    The disciples then taught what Jesus taught them and shared many things. What was man made was the different denominations that started popping up. That was never the Lord's intention but man
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It was a religion to me before I was born again. After that, the relationship with Christ was forming and then began transforming me from the inside out. Those who have had this experience know what I am talking about. Those who haven't think it sounds like a bunch of craziness. Even this is spoken of in the bible:

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
    We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Seriously?   banging head into wall

I really want a sweetpea bludgeoning itself to death with a laptop!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• lolololololol@beeky.. ha.. funniest thing i've seen you say.

interesting question.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you are going to use this argument, then there is NO religions out there. Because each and every organized religion out there is based on the teachings or guidance of Gods, Goddesses and/or Divine beings... And just as YOU may see these other Gods/Goddesses/Divine beings as mythology and man made, those who walk those paths normally don't.

Religion is man made 100%! Jesus did NOT teach Christianity, had he been here to guide things we never would have gotten what we have. A relationship with GOD/Jesus, Spirituality, Faith - these are gifts from heaven... Religion, is not!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Religion is man made right? Definitely.

Well Christianity is Christ's teachings and Christ is not man made.  Only in your opinion.  Jesus never called himself christ.  The Christ title came after he had been long dead, some 60-80 years later.  And the teachings attributed to him are garbled and contradictory.  Clearly man-made.

Thoughts on this?  My opinion is that he never existed at all.  And that all of religion was created by men needing comfort from fear, or control over the masses.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010