Why does all work from home websites ask for money for me to make money?

It just doesn't seem all that safe or easy to find a work from home job on the internet, because their all asking for money. Now thats crazy if your asking me beacause i've never heard of paying a job to hire me. If i had money to be carelessly hand ing out over the internet then i wouldn't be trying to find an job. None of that makes since to me, paying a website just work and make money and it's not even for certain that i would actually make money are if the website is even worth a hoot. And take this website for example i signed up and made a profile thinking that i was going to find an work from home job but all i see is a bunch of chicks but no jobs.

hattie82

Asked by hattie82 at 5:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• If you're really concerned check with the Better Business Bureau and Google for online reviews.

Yes, some legit jobs DO require you to pay upfront, but if you were starting your own business you'd need to pay as well. I've done a few jobs that are based online, and some I have had to pay upfront. You just have to filter through and find the ones that are worth iit.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Do you have a skill you can capitalize on? Like sewing or photography? I had a sewing business out of my home for many years. I did alterations and drapes, etc. Think about the skills you have and maybe you could start a business. Also, don't know if childcare interests you, but if so, check out www.care.com and www.sittercity.com. You search for jobs by zipcode. Some of the care can be done in your home or you go to the child's home. They also have pet sitting jobs, housekeeping, and senior care. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A lot of those places want you to pay them because that's their "work from home" job.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That is how they make money.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Many work at home jobs are scams, you're right. If you're looking into direct sales or, as some companies call it, owning your own "business" (in reality, you're owning your own franchise), those do ask you pay money to get started. The money in that case is used to pay for your marketing materials, samples and anything else they give you in your start-up package. What you're doing is reimbursing the company for the package. That way if you don't work out, the company hasn't spent any money on you. Also, in the case of direct sales, you're a contractor not an employee.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hi; I work from home and my business and website was free; so I do my business 100% from home but you can work your business how you wish and do other things such as book fairs, parties, fund-raisers,etc. if you choose.

Barefoot Books - FREE right now to join. No start up costs. Not sure how long the promotion will last

http://davia-newman.barefootbooks.com/
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 7:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2011