do you believe in reincarnation?

san78

Asked by san78 at 6:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. I know of more than one past life of mine - so there is no question for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes.
    But then this brings up the question since trees, plants, flowers, grass, it all grows, so can I be reincarnated into one blade of grass?
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, i believe in reincarnation, i am Hindu.

No, you cannot be born as a blade of grass or some kind of plant. (some would say that plant life does not have a soul, but we believe it does) Reincarnation & Karma go hand in hand. Your soul may have been born as a blade of grass 1 billion years ago, but every time we reincarnate, we come back as a higher life form. Kind of like spiritual evolution. We go forward, not backward. By the time you are born as a human, you have been through countless reincarnations to get there. That is where Karma comes in. animals can't burn karma because their actions are based on instinct, not rational thought. But, humans do just about everything with rational thought. We can make choices. I have read that if a human lives a disgusting, hate filled life that they may actually reincarnate as an animal the next life & de-volve. cont...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Every choice we make has direct consequences, good or bad. Our karma has everything to do with what happens in our next lives. But, we cannot judge others karma, that is bad karma...lol. If someone was hit by a car, you cannot say "well that's their karma" it does not work like that. We never know what it was in this life or our last life that causes karmic reactions to happen, that's why you cannot judge. Anyhow, if we lead good lives & do good for others, or if we live a spiritual life, then it will help your soul evolve into a better human for your next lfe. Every life we are born into is like a super duper lesson for our massive soul journey. Anyhow, hope all that makes sense. PM me if you have any more questions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:12 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, I believe in reincarnation. And yes, I believe you can be born into a blade of grass.. I don't buy that whole, humans are the supreme species BS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, and I also believe that some people can be reborn as people again.

My first pregnancy went horribly. I was so sick I lost 20 pounds in a few weeks. I was almost hospitalized. Then everything was fine up until my third month and the baby passed away.

Well, my oldest daughter looked at me one day when my friend and I were talking about me being pregnant with my youngest DD(after her sister was born - it was just general convo) and and said, "I remember being in your tummy mommy" with a big smile on her face. She was 18 months old. I said, "Yeah baby? When mommy was pregnant with you? You remember that?" She looked me square in the eyes and said, "Yeah, the first time." When I told her mommy had only been pregnant with her one time she got a serious face and said, "No, you had me in your tummy TWO times mommy. I remember the FIRST time."

I was more than a little wierded out and am left now to wonder....
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• "Yeah, the first time."

OK, that just gave me crazy chills! I was reading about Hindu belief on abortion the other day, of course....it will give you bad karma. But, when i kept reading, it said that if you get pregnant again, you will have that same soul because that soul was already bound to your soul before it was even concieved. I bet it goes the same if you lost a baby due to complications during pregnancy.

"And might I add that I would hate to be reincarnated into a blade of grass.... I can't imagine being decapitated every week or so when someone mows their lawn, lol"

That was funny!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I use to but I really don't know now
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• "I don't buy that whole, humans are the supreme species BS"

LOL, Hindu's don't believe in a "supreme" species. We are taught to have compassion for all living things. everything is in it's place for a reason & it's beautiful & necessary. You cannot believe in reincarnation without the law of karma. They go hand in hand & a little research can show you, even mathematically the connection between the two. A blade of grass cannot accumulate any karma, a raccoon cannot accumulate any karma. They do not have the rational decision making thought that a normal human has. A human will not kill it's baby (if in his/her right mind...lol) yet, animals do it all the time & it's OK, because it's nature. They do not have the thought process of right & wrong actions like humans do. Some are close, like dogs. A Buddhist monk once said that dogs will reincarnate into humans their next life if loved enough. Not sure how true that is.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yeah, its possible. i would believe more in that then other things. Its crazy..the other day my son (5 yrs) said "mommy..you know why i know so much about dinosaurs.." ..he said.."before i got in your belly i was a dinosaur..not a carnivore but the other kind"..
    i was kind of shocked at him saying something like that. I mean, why would he say something like that? we were talking about hell.
    Then he told me that when he died there was no heaven or hell. ...i then became quite curious as to where he was coming up with all this and started asking him questions. When i started asking him stuff he was like..."oh, mom...i'm just kidding you" he does have quite an imagination...but then again i still don't know how in the world he would come up with some crazy talk like that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2010